Whether you have been working with PCs for last decades or you are a new Windows user, there are moments when each of us needs a little help about Windows 10 problem. Early computers would have prompted merely you to refer to the manual, but modern systems have access to far more sophisticated methods of assisting.
How to Get Help in Windows 10
If you are having a problem with Windows 10, you probably want to get answers quickly so you can get back to work soon. Here are the best ways available to you to get help in Windows 10:
- Press F1 key. It will generally open your browser, which will offer you Bing search results that outlines a few ways to get help.
- Typing help in taskbar search bar. It will show you the Get Started app in the results. There are a lot of help topics to get you started.
- Ask Cortana. Just tell Cortana to listen by clicking the microphone icon or saying “Hey, Cortana” if you’ve enabled that option, and ask your question verbally.
- Set on the show me tips. Ensure that you have opened Settings > System > Notifications & actions and made sure that the Show me tips about Windows is set to On.
- Chat with Microsoft Support. You can use the built-in Contact Support app in Windows 10 to chat with Microsoft Customer Support staff.
- Use the Microsoft Answer Desk. You could use the Microsoft Answer Desk, a live paid Tech Support site, to chat with a Microsoft Support executive.
- Contact Microsoft Support Email & Chat. If a Customer Service staff is online and available for chat, you will see a message.
- Contact Microsoft Support Phone Number. You can call Microsoft Support by phone at 1 800-642-7676 (1-800-MICROSOFT) or https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus.
- Contact Microsoft Support Official Twitter Account. You can contact Microsoft Support official account at @MicrosoftHelps.
- Visit the free Microsoft Answers forum. Visit the Microsoft Answers website at https://answers.microsoft.com/ and choose Windows from the Browse the Categories section, then search the forum for previously answered questions.
Typically, F1 has been the Windows faster way key for assistance documentation, and that stays the case in Windows 10. If the program that you are utilising has its help services, they will be opened when you push the key — otherwise, your default internet browser will merely open a Bing search that shows several ways to get help in Windows 10.
Cortana is one of the most recent features Microsoft has in Windows 10, and the virtual assistant isn’t just a useful way of scheduling meetings and exploring the files on your computer system. Cortana is also an excellent way of finding help in Windows 10 for fundamental issues.
Just inform Cortana to listen by clicking the microphone icon or saying “Hey, Cortana” if you have made it possible for that option, and ask your question verbally.
There is a limit to the matters that Cortana can assist with. It is perhaps best to attempt another way if you are looking for assistance with a particular issue relating to an obscure piece of the software application.
Chat with Contact Support
There was a time when online assistance was considered a lot more aggravating alternative to calling a company’s telephone helpline, but the good news is today’s services are far much better than they remained in the past. Microsoft is so confident in the present state of its chat-based support system integrated with Windows 10 itself.
To get started using this Windows app, you can use the Search Bar to find the Contact Support app that is pre-installed with Windows 10. If you have removed it, you can search this Contact Support app on the Windows Store and re-install it again.
Once you have the Contact Support app open, then navigate to the section that best fits the problem that you are aiming to get assistance. You will get the option to Chat online with a Microsoft Answer Tech once you have found the suitable topic. Make sure to explain your problem as clearly as possible, and you will be in excellent hands to get the issue sorted easily and quickly.
Microsoft Windows Help and Support
You may want to visit these links which may help you when seeking help and support to fix your Windows 10 problems:
- Contact Microsoft Support or Microsoft Help Desk: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/
- Microsoft Community: https://answers.microsoft.com/
- Microsoft Windows Support: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Where is Windows 10 help located?
It is called the Get Help app in Windows 10. You can open it from within All apps on your Start menu or typing in the Search bar.